A new production technology for making vitamins is invented by a college professor who decides not to patent it. Thus, it is available for anybody to copy and put into use. The TC per bottle for production up to 100,000 bottles per day is given in the following table.Output TC___ 25,000 …………………… $50,000 50,000 …………………… $70,000 70,000 …………………… $75,000100,000 …………………… $80,000a. What is ATC for each level of output listed in the table?b. Suppose that for each 25,000‐bottle per day increase in production above 100,000 bottles per day, TC increases by $5,000 (so that, for instance, 125,000 bottles per day would generate total costs of $85,000 and 150,000 bottles per day would generate total costs of $90,000). Is this a decreasing‐cost industry?c. Suppose that the price of a bottle of vitamins is $1.33 and that at that price the total quantity demanded by consumers is 75,000,000 bottles. How many firms will there be in this industry?d. Suppose that instead the market quantity demanded at a price of $1.33 is only 75,000. How many firms do you expect there to be in this industry?e. Review your answers to parts b, c, and d. Does the level of demand determine this industry’s market structure?f. Compare your answer to part d of this question with your answer to part d of problem 3. Do both production technologies show constant returns to scale?
A new production technology for making vitamins is invented by a college professor who decides not to patent it. Thus, it is available for anybody to”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.