Assume that due to a decrease in demand, the average domestic airline fare decreased from $371.72 in the third quarter of 2015 to $362.56 in the fourth quarter of the same year, a decrease of $9.16. The number of passenger tickets sold in the third quarter was 183.9 million and 175.9 million in the fourth quarter. Over the same period, the airlines’ costs remained roughly the same: the price of jet fuel averaged around $2 per gallon in both quarters and airline pilots’ salaries remained roughly the same, averaging $117,290 per year in 2015). Can you determine precisely by how much producer surplus has decreased as a result of the $9.16 decrease in the average fare? If you cannot be precise, can you determine whether it will be less than, or more than, a specific amount?
Assume that due to a decrease in demand, the average domestic airline fare decreased from $371.72 in the third quarter of 2015 to $362.56 in the”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.