Dante and Naia get utility from having money. Dante’s utility function is UD = 10M1/3; Naia’s utility function is UN = 10 M1/2 Dante currently has $1,000; Naia has $400.a. The Rawlsian social welfare function values egalitarianism. Compute the value of the Rawlsian social welfare function for Dante and Naia.b. A transfer program will take $100 from Dante and transfer it to Naia. Does this transfer program improve welfare under a Rawlsian social welfare function?c. Suppose, instead, the program described in (c) will take $100 from Naia and transfer it to Dante. Evaluate the effect of this program on social welfare for both of the social welfare functions.d. If a transfer from Dante to Naia results in a decrease in Rawlsian social welfare, then why does a transfer from Naia to Dante not increase social welfare?e. Here’s another social welfare function that places some value on egalitarianism: W = UD + UN – 0.3(|UD – UN|). Dante’s and Naia’s utilities are added together, but as the difference between their utilities increases, social welfare declines. Compute the value of this social welfare function for Dante and Naia, and then evaluate the transfer described in (b). Would a society that values egalitarianism in this way make the same recommendation regarding this transfer as a Rawlsian society? Explain.
Dante and Naia get utility from having money. Dante’s utility function is UD = 10M1/3; Naia’s utility function is UN = 10 M1/2 Dante currently”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.