For this Discovering Data exercise, use FRED (fred.stlouisfed.org) to create a graph comparing the sources of government tax revenue for the United States over time. Under the tools tab select “Published Data Lists.” Find the list “Government Revenue by Source” and create a line graph that combines all three series.a. Using data from your graph, which source of government revenue is the largest? How have revenue sources changed over time?To measure the growth of government revenue since the start of the 2007 recession, follow these steps to format your graph as an index graph where 2007-12-01 = 100.i. Select “Edit Graph” and under “Edit Line 1” change “Units” to “Index (Scale value to 100 for chosen data).”ii. In the box “U.S. recession” select “2007-12-01 Start” and then “Copy to All.”iii. In the graph frame change the time span from 2007-10-01 to today.b. Using the values in the graph, calculate the growth rate of each source of government revenue since 2007-12-01. Which has grown the fastest?Finally, edit your graph to compare how each source of revenue has changed as a percentage of total revenue. Complete the steps for each line:i. Under “Edit Line” change “Units” to “Billions of Dollars.”ii. Under “Customize data” add the series “Federal Government Current Receipts” (code FGRECPT).iii. In the formula box enter “100*(a/b)” to express each series as a percentage of total tax receipts.iv. In the graph frame change the time frame to “Max.”c. Use your graph to explain how the three sources of government revenue have changed over time and what happened to each source of revenue during the Great Recession.
For this Discovering Data exercise, use FRED (fred.stlouisfed.org) to create a graph comparing the sources of government tax revenue for the United”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.