In 2014, the U.S. House of Representatives approved a new farm bill establishing the Margin Protection Program (MPP) for dairy producers. The MPP supports dairy farmers when the margin between feed costs and milk prices falls below $0.08 per pound. Assume that current feed costs are $0.10 per pound, which means the program creates a price floor for milk at $0.18 per pound. At that price, the quantity of milk supplied is 240 billion pounds, and the quantity demanded is 140 billion pounds. To support the price of milk at the price floor, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has to buy up 100 billion pounds of surplus milk. The supply and demand curves in the following diagram illustrate the market for milk.a. In the absence of a price floor, how much consumer surplus is created? How much producer surplus? What is the total surplus (producer surplus plus consumer surplus)?b. With the price floor at $0.18 per pound of milk, consumers buy 140 billion pounds of milk. How much consumer surplus is created now?c. With the price floor at $0.18 per pound of milk, producers sell 240 billion pounds of milk (some to consumers and some to the USDA). How much producer surplus is created now?d. How much money does the USDA spend to buy surplus milk?e. Taxes must be collected to pay for the purchases of surplus milk by the USDA. As a result, total surplus is reduced by the amount the USDA spent buying surplus milk. Using your answers from parts b, c, and d, what is the total surplus when there is a price floor? How does this total surplus compare to the total surplus without a price floor from part a?
In 2014, the U.S. House of Representatives approved a new farm bill establishing the Margin Protection Program (MPP) for dairy producers. The MPP”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.