1. Google sent out a press release about the Gmail Need more help! 1. Google sent out a press release about the Gmail service without mentioning the intention to put ads in the e-mails or how those ads would be selected. Was that ethical? Explain why or why not. 2. Sergey Brin offered the argument that all e-mail providers scan your e-mails for content to ensure that it is yours and that it isn’t a spam e-mail. Does that argument justify the decision to scan e-mails for content in order to place “contextually relevant” ads? Explain why or why not. 3. Does the fact that the scanning process is done by computer, with no people reading the e-mails, make the act any less of an invasion of your privacy? 4. Could Google have launched Gmail in a way that would have avoided the media firestorm over privacy? Explain your answer. In spring 2004, with business booming and Google basking in the glow of its ever-growing popularity, Larry [Page] and Sergey [Brin] prepared to dazzle Internet users with a different kind of email. Building on the strong Google brand name, they called the new service “Gmail.” . . . Larry and Sergey wanted to make a big splash with Gmail. There was no reason to provide the service unless it was radically better than email services already offered by Microsoft, Yahoo, AOL, and others. They built Gmail to be smarter, easier, cheaper, and superior. Otherwise Google users wouldn’t be impressed, and its creators wouldn’t be living up to their own high standards . . . [Larry and Sergey] had identified email problems that Google, with its immense computing power, could address. For example, it was difficult, if not impossible, to find and retrieve old emails when users needed them. America Online automatically deleted emails after 30 days to hold down systems costs. There was no easy way to store the mountain of emails that an accumulative Internet user amassed without slowing personal computers or paying Microsoft, Yahoo, or another firm to provide additional storage. Students also viewed these Organizational Behavior questions A press release about a paper that appeared in The Journal of A press release about a paper that appeared in The Journal of Youth and Adolescence (springer.com…… … video games increase antisocial behavior in youths with pre-existing psychological conditions.” In the context of a hypothesis test with the null hypothesis being that video games do not… Why might an individual with high ethical standards act less ethically in Why might an individual with high ethical standards act less ethically in business than in his or her personal life? Spam on the Internet is a growing problem. Why is spam so Spam on the Internet is a growing problem. Why is spam so attractive to some marketers? To what degree can spam be controlled by laws? Are there other ways that spam might be controlled? How? Would your answer be any different if the fact pattern changed so Would your answer be any different if the fact pattern changed so that different partners were assigned to both the KRC audit and the NRFA audit? Please assume that both audit teams were completely different. Why or why not would your answer be different? Why are Internet service providers (ISPs) exempt from liability, under some statutes, Why are Internet service providers (ISPs) exempt from liability, under some statutes, for the actions of their customers? Why are labor unions scarce in New York’s low-income neighborhoods? In New Why are labor unions scarce in New York’s low-income neighborhoods? In New York’s low-income neighborhoods, labor unions have virtually no presence. But after a yearlong struggle, 95 workers at a chain of 10 sneaker stores have formed a union. After months of negotiations, the two sides signed a three-year contract that sets the wage rate at $7.25 an hour. Consider the AIRLINE relational database schema shown in Figure 5.8, which describes Consider the AIRLINE relational database schema shown in Figure 5.8, which describes a database…… 1,… of constraints would you expect to check?c. Which of these constraints are key, entity integrity, and referential integrity constraints, and which are not?d. Specify all the referential… Marlene Bellamy purchased 300 shares of Writeline Communications stock at $55 per Marlene Bellamy purchased 300 shares of Writeline Communications stock at $55 per share using the…… 1…. during the 4-month holding period. d. Use each of the following sale prices at the end of the 4-month holding period to calculate Marlene’s annualized rate of return on the Writeline… s1-2x , O?×? 2x-1 , 2 dynamie system and tent mop T: s1-2x , O?×? 2x-1 , 2 dynamie system and tent mop T: [0,1]¬0] T(x)= 2-2x, Palisade Creek Co. is a merchandising business. The account balances for Palisade Palisade Creek Co. is a merchandising business. The account balances for Palisade Creek Co. as of May 1, 2014 (unless otherwise indicated), are as follows: During May, the last month of the fiscal year, the following transactions were completed:May 1. Paid rent for May, $5,000.3. Purchased merchandise on account from Martin Co., terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point, $36,000.4. Paid freight on purchase of May 3, $600.6. Sold merchandise on account to Korman Co., terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point, $68,500. The cost of the merchandise sold was $41,000.7. Received $22,300 cash from Halstad Co. on account, no discount.10. Sold merchandise for cash, $54,000. The cost of the merchandise sold was $32,000.13. Paid for merchandise purchased on May 3, less discount.14. Received merchandise returned on sale of May 6, $13,500. The cost of the merchandise returned was $8,000.15. Paid advertising expense for last half of May, $11,000.16. Received cash from sale of May 6, less return of May 14 and discount.19. Purchased merchandise for cash, $18,700.19. Paid $33,450 to Buttons Co. on account, no discount.Record the following transactions on Page 21 of the journal.20. Sold merchandise on account to Crescent Co., terms 1/10, n/30, FOB shipping point, $110,000. The cost of the merchandise sold was $70,000.21. For the convenience of Crescent Co., paid freight on sale of May 20, $2,300.21. Received $42,900 cash from Gee Co. on account, no discount.21. Purchased merchandise on account from Osterman Co., terms 1/10, n/30, FOB destination, $88,000.24. Returned $5,000 of damaged merchandise purchased on May 21, receiving credit from the seller.May 26. Refunded cash on sales made for cash, $7,500. The cost of the merchandise returned was $4,800.28. Paid sales salaries of $56,000 and office salaries of $29,000.29. Purchased store supplies for cash, $2,400.30. Sold merchandise on account to Turner Co., terms 2/10, n/30, FOB shipping point, $78,750. The cost of the merchandise sold was $47,000.30. Received cash from sale of May 20, less discount, plus freight paid on May 21.31. Paid for purchase of May 21, less return of May 24 and discount.Instructions1. Enter the balances of each of the accounts in the appropriate balance column of a four-column account. Write Balance in the item section, and place a check mark () in the Posting Reference column. Journalize the transactions for July, starting on Page 20 of the journal.2. Post the journal to the general ledger, extending the month-end balances to the appropriate balance columns after all posting is completed. In this problem, you are not required to update or post to the accounts receivable and accounts payable subsidiary ledgers.3. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.4. At the end of May, the following adjustment data were assembled. Analyze and use these data to complete (5) and (6). 5. (Optional.) Enter the unadjusted trial balance on a 10-column end-of-period spreadsheet (work sheet), and complete the spreadsheet.6. Journalize and post the adjusting entries. Record the adjusting entries on Page 22 of the journal.7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.8. Prepare an income statement, a retained earnings statement, and a balance sheet.9. Prepare and post the closing entries. Record the closing entries on Page 23 of the journal. Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line in both the Balance columns opposite the closing entry. Insert the new balance in the retained earnings account.10. Prepare a post-closing trialbalance. Divide into two groups and prepare arguments for and against the following Divide into two groups and prepare arguments for and against the following behavior: You run your…… … you can be far more productive on your company projects using the most current version of the software on your laptop, and since you use some of that work as examples in your class, you’re… 1. Why did the FTC introduce new guidelines in 2009?2. What was 1. Why did the FTC introduce new guidelines in 2009?2. What was the nature of the complaint against Reverb Communications?3. Considering Reverb’s position in its widely distributed statement in response to the settlement of the complaint, was there an ethical transgression here?4. Given that… Which is the largest if the interest rate is 10%? a. future Which is the largest if the interest rate is 10%? a. future value of $100 after five years b. present value of $100 annuity for five years c. present value of $100 after five years d. future value of $100 annuity for five years P Payrex Co. has six employees. All are paid on a weekly basis. Payrex Co. has six employees. All are paid on a weekly basis. For the payroll period ending January 7, total employee earnings were $12,500, all of which were subject to SUTA, FUTA, Social Security, and Medicare taxes. The SUTA tax rate in Payrex’s state is 5.4%, but Payrex qualifies for a rate… During 2014, the Princeton Heights Corp. income statement reported income of $ During 2014, the Princeton Heights Corp. income statement reported income of $ 608,000 before tax……. … Heights have to pay for the year 2014? 3. At the beginning of 2014, Princeton Heights’ balance of Deferred Tax Liability was $ 25,600. How much Deferred Tax Liability did Princeton Heights… Mark Hancock is a self-employed attorney who operates his law practice as Mark Hancock is a self-employed attorney who operates his law practice as an unincorporated sole proprietorship. In 2014, the IRS disallowed several business deductions he took in 2012 and 2013. In addition to paying the deficiency and assessed penalties, he also pays $18,000 in interest on the tax… Patty Bayan is a single taxpayer living at 543 Space Drive, Houston, Patty Bayan is a single taxpayer living at 543 Space Drive, Houston, TX 77099. Her Social Security number is 466-33-1234. For 2013, Patty has no dependents, and her W-2 from her job at a local restaurant where she parks cars contains the following information: These wages are Patty’s only income… After graduating from law school—and serving time in prison for attempting to After graduating from law school—and serving time in prison for attempting to collect debts by…… a… violate the FDCPA? Were its practices unethical? What might Check Investors argue in its defense? Discuss. (b) Are “deadbeats” the primary beneficiaries of laws such as the FDCPA? If not,… Related Book For Sale Business Ethics Now 3rd edition (Purchase / Rent)
Q: 1. Google sent out a press release about the Gmail service without mentioning the intention to put ads in the e-mails or how those ads would be”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.