1. Which ethical theories could be applied here? 2. The Need more help! 1. Which ethical theories could be applied here? 2. The administrator of the BP compensation fund argues that everyone should be compensated according to his or her loss in the disaster. Those with an opportunity to make money (such as Gus) were at an advantage and should not, therefore, receive the same amount. Is that an ethical argument? Why or why not? 3. If you were a business owner who did not have the chance to work for BP and you heard that people like Gus were getting the same compensation as you, how would you react? 4. How would you resolve the situation? Students also viewed these Organizational Behavior questions How might a negotiator use timing to his or her advantage in How might a negotiator use timing to his or her advantage in a negotiation? Is a persons age related to his or her net worth? A Is a persons age related to his or her net worth? A sample of 10 billionaires is selected, and the persons age and net worth are compared. The data are given here. Do a complete regression analysis and test the significance of r at Î± = 0.05, using the P-value method. How can a business owner who earns $10 million per year from How can a business owner who earns $10 million per year from his business credibly claim to earn zero economic profit? If you started a business that made surfboards, what factors of production If you started a business that made surfboards, what factors of production would you need to make your product? Where would you get them? Where would you find the money you would need to pay for additional resources? How does an employee’s perception relate to his or her resistance to How does an employee’s perception relate to his or her resistance to change? Draw the Lorenz curves for the United States and Canada. In which Draw the Lorenz curves for the United States and Canada. In which country was money income less equally distributed in 2009? How can hashing be used to construct an index? How can hashing be used to construct an index? The National Football League (NFL) polls fans to develop a rating for The National Football League (NFL) polls fans to develop a rating for each football game (NFL…… … The fan ratings for a random sample of 12 games are shown. a. Develop a point estimate of mean fan rating for the population of NFL games.b. Develop a point estimate of the standard deviation for… As managers and leaders it is important that we innovate and develop As managers and leaders it is important that we innovate and develop highly customized managerial…… … others’ emotions to facilitate a healthy workplace and ensure great performance. Please be sure to propose an approach or a set of best practices that is unique and directly stems from your… How might the cultural differences in the GLOBE dimensions affect how managers How might the cultural differences in the GLOBE dimensions affect how managers (a) Use work groups, (b) Develop goals/plans, (c) Reward outstanding employee performance, and (d) Deal with employee conflict? Would organizational integrity make a difference in your loyalty to a company? Would organizational integrity make a difference in your loyalty to a company? Why or why not? Divide into two teams. One team must defend the actions of the Divide into two teams. One team must defend the actions of the board of directors at Hewlett-Packard in demanding the resignation of Chairman and CEO Mark Herd. The other team must critique the decision and come up with an alternative resolution to the sexual harassment scandal. 1. Millennials are brand conscious but generally dislike conspicuous, flashy brand logos. 1. Millennials are brand conscious but generally dislike conspicuous, flashy brand logos. How…… … for predicting a brand’s long-term prospects. Just as Boomers drove the luxury sector for the last 20 years, brands that resonate with Gen Y, whose purchasing power will surpass that of Boomers… The Human Resources Department at Gutierrez and Associates has developed an interviewing The Human Resources Department at Gutierrez and Associates has developed an interviewing procedure for hiring new employees. Prior to the interview, the department head uses the candidate’s resume to assign a probability that the interview will show the candidate to be “excellent”, “good” or “fair.” Currently there are four applicants for an opening at the company. Probability assessments for the four are shown below: The hire/no hire decision will be made as follows: If the first candidate interviewed is excellent, hire immediately; otherwise conduct the next interview. If the second candidate interviewed is excellent, hire that candidate immediately; otherwise conduct the next interview. If the next candidate is either excellent OR good, hire that candidate; otherwise conduct the final interview. Hire the final candidate unless that candidate is only fair.If it ends up that no one is hired in this first round of interviews, go back and give the job to the first person interviewed. It is decided that the interview order will be D, then B, then A, then C. Define the random variable here as “number of interviews conducted.” Let x represent the values of the random variable. a. List the possible values for the random variable. b. Show the full probability distribution for the random variable. c. Compute the expected number of interviews. d. Determine the expected number of interviews if the interview order is changed to A, D, C, B. After completing its capital spending for the year, Carlson Manufacturing has $1,000 After completing its capital spending for the year, Carlson Manufacturing has $1,000 extra cash. Carlson’s managers must choose between investing the cash in Treasury bonds that yield 3.5 percent or paying the cash out to investors who would invest in the bonds themselves. a. If the corporate tax rate is 35 percent, what personal tax rate would make the investors equally willing to receive the dividend or to let Carlson invest the money? b. Is the answer to (a) reasonable? Why or why not? c. Suppose the only investment choice is a preferred stock that yields 6.2 percent. The corporate dividend exclusion of 70 percent applies. What personal tax rate will make the stockholders indifferent to the outcome of Carlson’s dividend decision? d. Is this a compelling argument for a low dividend-payout ratio? Why or why not? 1. Assuming Maria does not really care about her parents’ approval and 1. Assuming Maria does not really care about her parents’ approval and ignores their assignment, will she be able to receive a credit card without their help? Would your answer change if Maria was a graduating senior? 2. Why would an unemployed college student need a credit card? What are the advantages of having a credit card? What are the disadvantages? 3. Should Maria have more than one card? What is the recommended number of credit cards for the average consumer? 4. Shopping for credit can be compared to shopping for any other consumer product-consider the product’s cost, features, advantages, and disadvantages. In other words, does the product meet the user’s needs? Help Maria compare her credit choices, given the applications she has collected. 5. Based on the analysis in Question 4, what class(es) of credit cards, if any, should Maria seriously consider? What other products, if any, might she consider applying for? 6. List and summarize the basic factors that affect credit card costs. Rank these factors in terms of importance and relevance based on Maria’s situation. 7. While comparing the applications she had collected, Maria was thrilled to receive a “preapproved”” offer for a standard card. What precautions should Maria be alert to when considering this offer? 8. If she uses her card only for her books this fall and next fall
Q: 1. Which ethical theories could be applied here?2. The administrator of the BP compensation fund argues that everyone should be compensated according”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.