Western blot is a technique used in scientific investigations to isolate as well as identify polypeptides. In this method, an assortment of polypeptides is resolved based on molecular weight, and hence by type, by gel electrophoresis. Consequently, the proteins are then relocated to a microporous membrane generating a band for each protein. The microporous membrane is then incubated with antibodies particular to the protein being studied. The unattached antibody is then washed off, leaving only the antibody attached to the protein investigated. The bound antibodies are then visualized by processing the film. Since the antibodies only bind to the protein being studied, only a single band should be detectable. Besides, the thickness of the band relates to the quantity of protein present. hence running a standard can demonstrate the protein present in the cell extract (Mahmood and Ping Chang, 2012).
(Solved): Complete 5 pages APA formatted a…
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.