Ethos contributes positively to persuasion by informing the audience about the speaker’s morality as well as knowledge and expertise about the subject. This is requisite for effective speech delivery especially considering that the messages relayed by modern speakers have diverse implications on the audiences. Aristotle indicated that ethos comprises of three main factors that include “practical wisdom, virtue, and goodwill especially towards one’s audience” (Horner 54). According to him, this was a requirement and attribute that was solely confined to the speaker. Thus, the speaker needed to exhibit characters and mannerisms that were consistent with the moral expectations of society. This was imperative in enhancing the credibility of the speaker. Credibility in this regard is defined by virtues such as respect and trustworthiness. It would equally be important for the audience to believe that the speaker has authority over the speech being relayed. This state of affairs could only be attained if the speaker is conversant with the facts being put across. In the modern-day speech, it cannot be disputed that ethos is at the center stage of delivery. The audience would only listen to a speaker they believe is credible and would meet their expectations.
(Solved): Compose a 1250 words assignment …
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.