The second metal plate was mounted at the other end. The tube was constrained or positioned in a way that light could only shine on the metal plate made out of a photoemissive material. This tube was called a photocell. The photocell was connected to the circuit with a micrometre, voltmeter, and variable power supply. The photoemissive surface was then illuminated with light of different intensities and frequencies. Electrons were knocked free from a photoemissive plate and which gave some slight positive charge. Connecting the second plate to the first plate by wiring the circuit made it positive too. This attracted free-floating photoelectrons via a vacuum where the electrons landed and bounced back to the initial plate that they had started. This experiment did not create photoelectrons out of the light. It instead it used light energy to push electrons that were already around the circuit. This means generating a very small photoelectric current, but the microammeter could measure it. The microammeter could measure the rate at which electrons were ejected from the photoemissive material surface.
(Solved): Compose a 1250 words assignment …
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.