Wastes that are disposed to landfills comprises of different types of materials. Disposed materials include paper, organic, metal, timber, plastic and hazardous substances. The amount of waste disposed of gives the indication of usage of natural resources by human beings. A large number of wastes on landfills can pollute the environment and it can also be expensive to operate. Although in future the proportion of the amount of solid waste disposed of may be reduced the total volume of wastes that are produced from municipal solid waste is increasing significantly. For many developed countries, more than 3 percent per annum of the total volume of wastes are increasing. The survey states that each year in the United States more than 10 billion tons of wastes are generated. Each year, both in commercial and domestic sector more than 704 thousand tons of packaging waste is created and disposed of. Only 17.4 percent of garbage or solid waste is being recycled and remaining wastes is send to landfills. The quality of waste disposed of industrial is relatively small than that of the major sources. But the environmental consequence of industrial waste is very high. The environmental problem of municipal waste costs billion dollars every year. Every day from other sources and a home large number of hazardous and toxic materials are dumped to the landfills. This toxic garbage may include corrosive cleaning agents, poisons unused drugs, disinfectants and solvents. Solvents include pesticides, insecticides, paint thinner, heavy metals, etc. This small amount of toxic materials can degrade nearby water, air and soils (Douglas, 1992).
(Solved): Compose a 1250 words assignment …
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.