The desire to maximize profits can work against racial and other types of discrimination. To see this, consider two equally productive accountants named Ted and Jared. Ted is black, and Jared is white. Both can complete 10 audits per month.a. Suppose that for any accounting firm that hires either Ted or Jared, all the other costs of performing an audit (besides paying either Ted or Jared) come to $1,000 per audit. If the going rate that must be paid to hire an accountant is $7,000 per month, how much will it cost an accounting firm to produce one audit if it hires either Ted or Jared to do the work?b. If the market price that accounting firms charge their clients for an audit is $1,800, what would the accounting profit per audit be for a firm that hired either Ted or Jared? What is the profit rate as a percentage?c. Suppose that firm A dislikes hiring black accountants while firm B is happy to hire them. So Ted ends up working at firm B rather than firm A. If Ted works 11 months per year, how many audits will he complete for firm B each year? How much in accounting profits will firm B earn each year from those audits?d. Since firm A passed on hiring Ted because he was black, firm A is forgoing the profits it could have earned if it had hired Ted. If the firm is willing to forgo up to $5,000 per year in profit to avoid hiring blacks, by how many dollars will firm A regret its decision not to hire Ted?
The desire to maximize profits can work against racial and other types of discrimination. To see this, consider two equally productive accountants”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.