Question University of Phoenix Material Week Two Homework Exercise Answer the following questions covering material from Ch. 1–5 of Methods in Behavioral Research: There are 11 questions below. A researcher is interested in studying the effects of different levels of distraction—none, low, and high—on scores on a test of visual memory. Participants are randomly assigned to one of three conditions: no distraction, low distraction, or high distraction. All participants engage in a test of visual memory. What is the independent variable? What is the dependent variable? What is the purpose of random assignment to groups? What is the purpose of random assignment to groups? Define theory and explain its function. How does theory relate to the practice of psychology? Define hypothesis and provide an example. Describe the content that should appear in a well-written informed consent form for a research study. Why is it important to obtain informed consent? What are the three principles outlined by the Belmont Report? What additional concerns do you have (if any) when obtaining consent from a minor? What is the function of an institutional review board? What is an operational definition of a variable? How might the variable sense of humor be defined operationally? (2 points) Complete Table 4.1 on p. 72 of the text. For each of the eight examples listed, determine whether a positive, negative, or curvilinear relationship exists. Positive Negative Curvilinear Example 1 Example 2 Example 3 Example 4 Example 5 Example 6 Example 7 Example 8 8. Define reliability as it relates to measurement of behavior. 9. Define and describe scales of measurement. 10. What is the difference between construct validity, internal validity, and external validity? 11. What is the difference between correlation and causation? How are third variables controlled for? Read Full Question
Week Two Homework Exercise PSYCH/610 Version 2
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.